What makes you qualified for Food Stamps Eligibility?

You can use food stamps easily. However, you will have to make sure that you can fulfill some of the requirements that are necessary for Food Stamps Eligibility.

What are some of the exceptions for the waiting period?

There are some conditions that will allow you to get the food stamps without having to wait around for a specific amount of time. Below is the list of the people who are qualified for this exemption.

  • Legal immigrant children who are under the age of 18.
  • People who were born on or before August 22, 1931, and legally resided in the United States of America on
    August 22, 1996.
  • People who are blind or disabled and are legal immigrants. They must also be receiving disability benefits.
  • Refugees who have been admitted under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
  • Permanent residents who are active duty members or veterans in the US armed forces. They can also be the spouse or the child of such a person.
  • Cuban or Haitian entrants under section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980.
  • Deportees or removal withheld under section 243(h) or 241(b)(3) of the INA.
  • Asylees under section 208 of the INA.food stamps

There are also people who might not be qualified for Food Stamps Eligibility but are still eligible.

  • Hmong or Highland Laotian tribal ­members, including their spouses and children, who helped the US military during the Vietnam era.
  • American Indians who were born in Canada.
  • People who are members of Indian tribes under section 4(e) of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act (25 U.S.C. 450b(e)).

The following list is for people who have been living in the United States for five years.

  • People who are lawful permanent residents. They can be ­eligible sooner than five years if they have 40 work credits.
  • Parolees (paroled for at least one year under section 212(d)(5) of INA).
  • Conditional entrants under 203(a)(7) of INA in effect before April 1, 1980.
  • A battered spouse, battered child or ­parent or child of a battered person with a petition pending under 204(a)(1)(A) or (B) or 244(a)(3) of INA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *