Is Rooting Android Phone A Good Idea?
Smartphones offer many functions but those who want more often talk about rooting android phones. There are some advantages of tampering with the software on your phone but it also comes with its risks. It is important to first understand what rooting android phone means.
What is Rooting?
Android phones are limited in customizability and we have to accept them as they are. There are some people who are not happy with that and want the phone to operate at maximum efficiency which is why they root it. This method provides full access to the operating system and lets you make changes at the basic level.
Rooting android phone is very popular amongst those who do not like the pre-loaded applications in their mobiles which are always running in the background and draining the battery. With rooting you can delete these applications and free up additional space on your phone for songs, photos and much more.
Advantages of Rooting Android Phone
- The phone becomes brand new with a custom ROM
- Delete useless system applications
- Speed up or slow down the processor of the phone as per your requirement
- Create a backup all your contacts, messages, call logs
- There are no more pop-ups and ads when you are using third-party applications
- More applications are now compatible with your phone
Disadvantages of Rooting Android Phone
- The phone might get bricked if you make a mistake
- The phone is exposed to security risks
- System and software updates are no longer available to you
- Some services such as mobile banking or eCommerce might not be possible with a rooted phone
Now that you have a complete picture of what rooting a phone entails you can make a decision on whether or not you want to do it. Make sure that you go through the tutorial carefully and know exactly what to do in each and every step.