Safety Tips for Drivers & Passengers during Covid-19
COVID-19 has created problems in all countries around the world. Cities are closing. However, people working in hospitals, health care centers, service delivery centers leave their homes to provide essential services to all those affected by the emergency. As in other countries, to ensure the health and safety of drivers, the transport authority has issued a series of warnings.
Agencies that provide travel services such as Best Safe Driver have taken special measures to ensure the safety of passengers and are known as the safest driver in Dubai. To be a good citizen, it is your job to take all precautions to protect yourself and the community.
While driving, the following guidelines provided by the World Health Organization can help you reduce your risk of exposure.
Safety Measures for Drivers
Keep your car clean
- Regularly clean your car especially the handles of your car and remove any disinfectant inside that is being touched by passengers using certified chemicals designed to fight the virus.
- Arrange tissues, disposable towels and garbage cans in your car and give them to passengers if they need them
Keep windows open
- Keep the car window low to ventilate your car
Personal hygiene and precautionary measures
- Use hand sanitizer to wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
- You are also encouraged to use any antibacterial solution.
- Always turn off your cell phone.
- Do not touch your face, hands, nose, mouth and eyes unnecessarily.
- Carry a mask over your mouth and nose and ask passengers to do so.
- Avoid all forms of contact with strangers.
- You are encouraged to use a debit or credit card. This will help you to avoid touching money, which is one of the main causes of infection.
- Please stay inside your home, if you have a cough, fever, or other serious symptoms. In this case, it is highly recommended that you take a few days off from your job.
- Plexiglass parts should be fitted between seats in all vehicles. Call with a limited number of passengers at a time.
Contact Emergency Center
• Report any health and safety concerns immediately to ensure safety of everyone.
Safety Measures for Passengers
On the street
- Wear a mask and keep antibacterial or antibacterial gels, other personal protective equipment with you whenever you leave your home.
- Use your debit/credit card to pay drivers. Cashless delivery will help reduce the risk of catching the virus.
- Avoid all forms of physical contact, even shaking hands.
- Using a hand sanitizer, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before getting into any car and after traveling to another public place.
- Keep clean all your belongings especially cell phones.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes, mouth, face, and hand unnecessarily.
- Stay home and avoid unnecessary travel. If you have symptoms of the virus such as a cough or fever, please do not go outside.
- If you have a great need to go outside, we encourage you to wear a mask to stay safe and healthy.