Keep a record of your health with ExamOne Inside Look
Today, more than ever, concerns about growing healthcare costs are influencing people to lead healthier lifestyles. With this intensified motivation for better health in mind, we have a service that will increase your awareness about your current health status. Now is the time to “know your numbers” and take control of your health through ExamOne Inside Look.
A paramedical examination usually includes the recording of height, weight, blood pressure and pulse. The exam may also include the collection of blood, urine, oral fluid, and an EKG and/or X-ray, depending on the insurer’s underwriting guidelines for your age and insurance amount. Additionally, if a medical history interview is required, this will be completed either over the phone or during the time of your exam. All of this information allows the insurance company to perform a comprehensive evaluation of your current health. An EKG records electric impulses of the heart. If an electrocardiogram (ECG) is required by the insurance company, it will be performed at the time of the examination. An ECG recording is usually completed in less than 10 minutes. The examination time can last from 15 to 45 minutes depending on the required services.
For ExamOne Inside Look, a personal history interview may be required and may be completed over the phone or at the time of your exam appointment. Please have the following information available:
- Names and dosages of current medications.
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of any doctors or clinics visited in the last five years.
- List of medical conditions or diagnoses including the date diagnosed, treatment, result of treatment, and treating physician information.
- Health insurance member identification numbers for any current health insurance policies (for health insurance applications only).
Next, in order to achieve optimal results make sure you do the following prior to your exam appointment:
- Be prepared with a picture ID at the time of the examination.
- Limit salt and high-cholesterol foods 24 hours prior to the examination.
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages for at least 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise 12 hours prior to the examination.
- Limit caffeine and nicotine one hour prior to your appointment.
- Drink a glass of water one hour prior to the appointment.
- Provide any history of problems associated with providing a blood sample
- Get a good night of sleep prior to the examination.
- Have any application paperwork that was sent to you available and ready for the examiner unless otherwise instructed by your agent.
How does ExamOne Inside Look work?
As part of your insurance exam, laboratory testing will be conducted. Your laboratory results will be available within 7 to 14 days subject to your insurance company’s participation in this service.*
- Go to http://www.myexamone.com/results
- Click ‘Register Here’and be sure to include the bar code number on the sticker that was affixed to the front of your ‘Important Information’ brochure.
- You will receive an email notification when your results are available.
- Simply follow the link in the email, and log in using the username and password.
- Once you have viewed your results, please take time to complete our short applicant survey.