MyQwest CenturyLink For Great Internet Speeds At Amazing Rates!
MyQwest CenturyLink is owned by CenturyLink, Inc. which is an American telecommunications company, headquartered in Monroe, Louisiana, that provides communications and data services to residential, business, governmental, and wholesale customers in 37 states. A member of the S&P 500 index, the company operates as a local exchange carrier and Internet access provider in U.S. markets and is the third-largest telecommunications company in the United States in terms of lines served, behind AT&T and Verizon. It also provides long distance service.
On April 22, 2010, CenturyLink (at this point still legally known as CenturyTel, Inc.) announced it would acquire MyQwest CenturyLink in a stock-for-stock transaction. Under the agreement, CenturyLink would swap 0.1664 of its shares for each share of Qwest; as a result, CenturyLink shareholders prior to the merger wound up with 50.5% share of ownership in the combined company, while former Qwest shareholders gained the remaining 49.5%. The valuation of CenturyLink’s purchase was $12 billion.
The addition of MyQwest CenturyLink allowed CenturyLink to become the third largest telecommunications company in the United States, and the largest landline phone provider in the state of Colorado. The new company has 17 million access lines, 5 million broadband customers, and 1.4 million video subscribers across 37 states. The merger also made CenturyLink owner of one of the so-called Baby Bells: MyQwest CenturyLink included what was once US West, the Baby Bell for much of the western United States.
Advantages of fiber optic internet:
Fiber Internet is credited with being faster than standard copper Internet. During periods of high Internet traffic, a company or household could bypass the hassle of their Internet slowing down. Increased Internet speed leads to higher productivity in the workplace and employee satisfaction.
Although Fiber optic Internet is not unlimited, bandwidth capacity is significantly higher than cable Internet bandwidth. Low bandwidth availability can slow speed, create delays, and pixelate video/image quality. Internet users looking to combat these issues could benefit from using fiber.
Hackers and information thieves are a major threat in today’s cyberspace. Cable tapping and signal interception can easily be performed with basic business Internet cables. Intercepting data transmission through a fiber cable is difficult. In the rare cases that fiber optic cables are tapped, visible light transmissions make it easy to identify the hacked cables.
Fiber Internet is more reliable than copper Internet. Fiber Internet combats outage causing factors such as temperature fluctuations, severe weather, and atmospheric moisture. Fiber is built to last and is resistant to damage unless physically cut.
Although fiber Internet is more expensive than copper Internet, the cost saving benefits in the long-run are worth the investment. Fiber is helpful when it comes to connecting multiple devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops and other internet gadgets without slowing Internet speed and efficiency.
Fiber Internet has transformed the way companies and households operate. People no longer have to deal with the pressures of slow and unreliable Internet. Fiber Internet has proved to be wise investment for those wanting to transform and maximize their Internet experience.
How to Access your MyQwest CenturyLink
- Click on www.myqwest.com
- Add in your credentials